It’s a wine and art weekend in Lake County! Don’t worry, because if you don’t like wine and art there are President’s Day sales, events and something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
- The City of Waukegan’s Annual ArtWauk event is Saturday, February 18 from 5pm – 1am. Enjoy an evening of arts, music and more on Genesee Street. This month’s event will include free shuttle service between the Theatre District and the Gallery District on Genesee Street.
- Let’s Wine About Winter is Saturday from 1pm – 4pm in Downtown Libertyville. Purchase a wine glass at a distribution site, then spend the afternoon browsing the shops of Downtown Libertyville and enjoying art while sampling wines offered by participating merchants.
- The Great Lakes Naval Museum is hosting a free public lecture on the 99th Pursuit Squadron and the creation of the Tuskegee Airmen on Saturday from 1pm – 2pm. The speaker will be Mark Hanson, who is the Curator at the Chanute Air Museum in Rantoul, Illinois. Mr. Hanson will take you on the incredible journey of the 99th Pursuit Squadron.
- Celebrate Presidents Day at the Lake County Discovery Museum in Wauconda. From 10am – 4pm the Museum will have a variety of hands-on activities, crafts, stores and more. All activities are free with museum admission.
- From this Friday through next Monday, February 20, Gurnee Mills Mall is holding a President’s Day Super Sale! Look for the red Super Savings signs in your favorite stores and save big!
There is so much going on that I do not know which events to attend. It look like it will be a busy weekend for me. Is there a specific event or something you are doing this weekend that you are looking forward to?